My journey of weight loss

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Change

I am changing things up a little bit. Not only am I blogging about my journey towards weight loss (I am still SLOWLY losing, down 22lbs) but it will include my life in college...dealing with the financial struggles, everything extra I have to do to try my best to get into a prestigious medical school.
My dream/ultimate goal is to get accepted into Yale School of Medicine, or Harvard Medical school and work my way towards becoming a maternal fetal specialist.
At the same time, I will be more than happy to get accepted into ANY medical school.
I am currently at the community college in Springfield, OR. I am getting all my pre-reqs and arts and letters out of the way while its cheaper. I will transfer to University of Oregon Summer term 2011, enter as a junior and pursue my BS in human physiology. I will graduate in 2013 and go to medical school Fall 2013. At least that is the plan....who knows what life will throw at me between now and then.
I am working through applying for numerous scholarships; my goal being to have all my undergrad paid for with the exception of this year. I am taking four classes this term (Bible, Writing, Math, literature) consisting of 16 credits.
It's busy, crazy, and exhausting!

No comments:

Post a Comment