My journey of weight loss

Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 1

Hello All,
I am embarking on a new journey of weight loss. I beleive the blogging will help me stay on track and help keep myself accountable. I am one of those pretty faces, big my whole life girls. BUT its time for a change, time to find self acceptance and be happy with who I am.
I have about 80 lbs to lose (I think!) I have always been big so I really have no idea what size I will like, but I do want to be healthy. I want a healthy BMI and to life a long fulfilling life, not a life that is restricted because of my size.
I have been through the whole weight loss thing MANY times, this will be the last time though. This will be it...a lifestyle change. I have done good before but never lost the weight, I always seem more focused on exercise than food (exercise is just easier for me) so now I will mainly focus on food (they say that is key). A friend of mine was very successful on weight watchers, she did not actually join but did it by just counting points (her whole family did it so she still had that great support team).
So now its my turn, she still has a small way to go, but they will lead/mentor me on my way to finding a healthy weight. I think the point system of weight watchers makes complete sense and seems pretty easy as long as your careful.
I was told to eat 27 points a day (possibly lower it later). There is a huge emphasis on portions, really watching the serving sizes and measuring and weighing everything. Which I have no problem with.
Technically I started today but my weigh ins will be on wednesday, I will weigh and also take measurements. I am ready for this, and I will be successful.
As for exercise I like group classes, yet gyms always seem SO spendy I recently found out that you can go to classes through the city (at recreational centers) for extremely cheap. I have always been interested in Zumba...so I am hoping to embark on that journey. They also have tons of dancing classes, which is fun and exercise all in one. I have always wanted to do some ballroom :). I also think it is so rewarding becuase not only are you doing cardio for weight loss, but there is so much toning involved. I am a woman, needy...I dont just want a skinny body but i toned one as well.
Another goal I have is to drink my water, once I get past the first week I do really good. Its the first week where I have to force myself to swallow those 100oz of nice water.
I have not quite gotten a reward system going, I am thinking at major mile stones something really good, and then maybe something tiny like everything 10 lbs. When I hit my goal though, we have decided to take a trip to Hawaii and wear bikinis!! That is 80 lbs away though...it sounds easier if I mention its 8/10 dresses sizes away...
To the beginning of a very successful journey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment